Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Stuffy Surgery.

My 8-year old niece loves the stuff toys that I make her. I think she has over 10 of them that I've made for her over the past couple of years. However, out of all of them, she seems to cherish the one pictured below the most. It was one of the first ones that I ever made for her. I asked her why she loves it the most, and she responded "because you told me to". I really don't recollect instructing her to love it, but I am glad that she does. :)



The stuffy's name is Grape. Almost all of her stuffies are named after food items. Anyway, Grape needs some serious surgery; her neck is completely limp. For an entire day, my niece could not find her. She even made missing posters and offered a reward (16 cents). My niece figured that Grape was alluding her surgery. haha. We finally found her and it is my goal to try to fix her up by the end of this week. My niece suggested that I give her some cosmetic surgery while I'm patching her up like giving her pink lips and redoing her nose. hahahaha However, I convinced my niece that Grape was perfectly content with her looks. ;)

9 comments:

Holly said...

That is ADORABLE! Your niece and Grape are lucky that there is an expert, fully-certified stuffy surgeon around!

little t jane said...

ha ha! so funny & super cute. the last picture esp. cracks me up. that's some serious back bending! oh i love grape! (i want one!) you make such sweet little plush- those tiny arms are darling!!! eeek *big smiles* cheers

Antoinette said...

Very sweet little Grape! I'm sure you'll help him feel all better soon.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Grape is so cute! :) Your niece sounds like such a sweetheart! I love that she put up reward signs... It sounds like something I would do when I was young!

Andrea said...

aw, your niece sounds so cute!

Holly said...

Awwww! That's such an incredibly cute story! *sigh*

bunzi said...

love the backbend!

Jenny S said...

Aww Grape is so cute! Good luck with the surgery :)

Rachel said...

Poor grape! : )