Tuesday, May 20, 2008

embroidery at work.

Disappearing ink pens are the best! I drew this one with a pen I found at Wal-Mart for two bucks, and then I just embroidered it at work. :) My co-workers' response to it was as bad as if I was knitting baby booties. hahaha But to clarify and eliminate any false rumors, I am actually making this for a friend. :)

When I got home, I removed the ink with a damp towel. This is the result:



I've never really embroidered before, but it's really fun! If you haven't tried it, there are great tutorials out there and you must give it a try! :)

12 comments:

stephy said...

This makes me geek out and shudder and clutch my hands together in delight at the superb cuteness.

BuddingCook said...

cute cute cute! love the stitch.

Jessi Nagy said...

eeekkk!!! SO SO CUTE.
OXOOX,
JESSI

Rachel said...

Great work and a super-cute design!

bunzi said...

cute baby! what is the stitch you are using. :D

Jenny S said...

Such a little cutie!
xo

Tizzalicious said...

Sooo cute! Your embroiding (???) looks great!

Diane Duda said...

This is too cute! I may have to give it a go.
Congratulations on the start of your summer vacation!!!

xo
Di

amy said...

hey great job embroidering. I dabbled in embroidery too for a little bit. I made pillow cases with tattoos on them and the pillow cases were skin colored. Enough about me, you should make embroidered canvases of your doodles. Listen to me, I'm so bossy trying to tell you what to do... Do whatever you want.

Anonymous said...

That looks wonderful! I haven't done much embroidery, but it looks like so much fun! I'll have to try more! :)

Rubyellen said...

fantastic!

Laura said...

This is soo cute and would make a great topper for cards?